As a professional, I understand the importance of subject-verb agreement in creating high-quality content that will rank well on search engines. One common mistake that writers make is not ensuring that the subject and verb in a sentence agree with each other in terms of number.
To help writers and editors master this essential skill, I have prepared a live quiz on subject-verb agreement. This quiz will test your grammar knowledge and help you identify any areas that need improvement.
Before we begin, let`s review the basics of subject-verb agreement. The subject of a sentence is the person, place, or thing that is doing the action. The verb, on the other hand, is the action that the subject is performing. In simple terms, the subject and verb must agree with each other in terms of number. That is, if the subject is singular, the verb must also be singular, and if the subject is plural, the verb must also be plural.
Now, let`s move on to the live quiz. Below are ten sentences, each with an underlined verb. Your task is to determine whether the verb agrees with the subject or not. Ready? Let`s get started!
1. The cat chases mice. (Agrees)
2. The dogs barks loudly. (Does not agree)
3. My friends are coming over for dinner. (Agrees)
4. The boy walks to school every day. (Agrees)
5. The computer slow down over time. (Does not agree)
6. The cars drives fast on the highway. (Does not agree)
7. His brothers both plays basketball. (Does not agree)
8. She has three cats and two dogs. (Agrees)
9. The team is practicing for the championship. (Agrees)
10. The children loves to play outside. (Does not agree)
How did you do? If you struggled with any of the questions, take some time to review the rules of subject-verb agreement. Keep in mind that this skill is essential for creating high-quality content that will rank well on search engines. By mastering subject-verb agreement, you can ensure that your writing is clear, concise, and grammatically correct.